Friday, December 22, 2017

Pre-Holiday Shenanigans

I love love love the week leading up to Christmas. It's super busy, and my house is a wreck, but I love all the cramming in of festivities. This week was especially busy since Christmas is on a Monday so the kids were still in school. 

I just realized that this was my last preschool Christmas and I'm so glad I didn't think about that at the time. It was just as precious and painful as it should have been. The poor teachers put together an ambitious playlist of songs that devolved predictably and adorably. 

Averson got to see Santa again and was so confused that her book-shaped gift wasn't the right size for a boat. 


I took the matching jammies tradition to a whole new level this year. The kids don't have theirs yet and I made C give me his back after he tried them on, but I couldn't wait on the dogs. Because apparently I'm the kind of person who dresses her dogs now? I'm really invested in getting a picture with the two of them in front of the tree. Atticus sees my vision but Scout sucks and doesn't care about my priorities. Also, she tried to eat her pants. 


We were invited to THREE Santa parties this year which is a whole new level of extra for me. I feel like this is a social strata that I was not prepared for and that I'm not entirely equipped to be in. BUT, no mall Santa and Santa always knows my kids' names. Which is awesome unless I decide to completely ruin the magic...


The girls and I made the annual pilgrimage to see the lights and eat ourselves sick on candy canes and kettle corn

And just so we don't get too full of ourselves and how awesomely we holiday, I present the girls' "gingerbread" houses. They wouldn't drop it, so I threw together some icing and handed them a half a box of graham crackers. When that wasn't enough, I ran to the dollar store and brought back a bunch of crap for the world's most ghetto holiday decorations. You can't tell, but these houses are inhabited by Goldfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment