Sunday, September 3, 2017

It's too hot to cook real food

Today was super lazy after a strong start cleaning the house to my not-tempted-to-just-burn-it-down standard. I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to plan my next tattoo, interspersed with throwing snacks at the kids and cleaning my patio furniture. However, I know that we're going to be busy tomorrow so I wanted to get the food situation squared away. I wrote out my grocery list/meal plan and we're trying out AmazonFresh so I put my order in. For roughly the same price as my cheap bag-your-own store, they're going to deliver it to my doorstep. (On Tuesday though, so pizza for all!) I'm trying this new thing where I get super organized and plan out not only dinners but also lunch and breakfast for anyone leaving the house. It's working relatively well, and our fridge is fairly empty at the end of the week. I always feel better if we get to the end of the week and nothing is rotting in the fridge.

So here's the plan:
Breakfasts: Cereal, bagels, egg sandwiches for the adults using biscuits we had in the fridge and sliced ham
Lunch: Finger foods (rolled ham, pepperoni, veggies, crackers, string cheese) Quinoa taco salad for me
Dinner:
Grilled Chicken with cucumber and tomato salad (I use this recipe and add tomato)
Meatball subs (need a side to go with this)
Tortellini pasta salad
Lasagna (was supposed to make this last week but it was too hot). I'm going to put this together this
           weekend so C can put it in the oven on the night I teach.
Sausage and veggies with corn on the cob I picked up this weekend.

I was trying really hard to find good recipes for when we're a) busy and b) it's ridiculously hot out. One would think I'd be a pro at that by now, but it's harder than it sounds and too often we revert to a drive-thru or pizza. I'm trying to be more cognizant of our eating out in an effort to both save money and not be fat forever. Does anyone have any good, healthy hot weather recipes? I'd love to hear them if you do, since it seems like it may never be Fall again...

No comments:

Post a Comment