Saturday, January 26, 2013

Catch-up

I don't know that I have anything that warrants a full blog post, but I just realized that it's been over a week since I last posted. Which means that I'm due for a "random thoughts" blog...

Baby Waldo kicked me in the back today. Like, a hand's length away from my spine. And not a single little kick but the kind that you can see and feel from the outside for a good 15 minutes. That was a new one and totally disorienting. Seriously, I assumed that there were other things in this belly besides baby and it blows me away that she's got such range. Where is my stomach in all of this?

We've still got it narrowed down to two names but the middle names have us stumped. We're remarkably unconcerned about this. Guess we'll figure it out.

Speaking of unconcerned, I put all the baby clothes away today (which, BTW, super fun!) I found cute bins for under the changing table and managed to fit everything in. I was laughing because with the last two, I had a huge stockpile of diapers, wipes, soaps, etc. With this one, I have a tiny little pack of diapers that we got for Christmas and that's it. I tried to buy more stuff at Target the other night but I just couldn't. The most prep (supply-wise) I've done for this baby is to not cancel my next shipment of wipes from Amazon, even though we have two brand new packs in the cabinet. I thought to myself, "Eh, we'll steal a bunch of diapers from the hospital anyway." I didn't even wash her clothes in the hippy baby soap. MOTY. Also, poor third baby.

I have, however, decided to obsess over the decor of her non-room. We're finally learning, and so instead of moving Syd so that she and Waldo can share from the gitgo, we're putting Waldo's crib and changing table in our room. Because, really, that's where she's going to be for the next six months anyway. That let's Syd not be too rocked by Waldo's appearance and let's me keep our guest room a little while longer. But I became obsessed with Waldo's crib and "theme." C painted our crib white, and I bought an adorable blanket off Etsy that's full of these bright, vibrant colors. Pictures will come once the crib dries and off-gasses, but let me just tell you that turquoise plays a prominent role :)

I may have solved Eli's knuckle scraping problem. Syd got a new carseat with a smaller seatbase (and that "doesn't hurt my butt Mama!" See, MOTY) and I ordered Eli a BubbleBum booster.  I was a little leery, but from everything I've read it's done well in safety tests and is pretty easy for kids to buckle. It should be here Monday so we'll see how it goes. I'm really trying hard not to shell out $900 for the Radians.

I don't know what's in the water, but Eli and Syd have been playing so awesomely together lately. They were laughing like maniacs today, and then at bedtime they were totally scheming together to get extra time. I secretly love when they scheme together. It gives me such joy and I'm not above playing along, just so they'll keep doing it. I really hope that they like Waldo as much as they like each other.

So that's the catch-up! I'm back to work tomorrow. It's getting harder and harder to get up at the crack of dawn. I had planned on only taking a week off before the baby comes, but I'm considering taking more time if we can afford it. I think it might be nice to sleep in a few more times, and C has been subtly opining that I'm a crazy person for trying to work so late. I'm also working on a post about gestational diabetes and my experience since there seems to be a scarcity of those types of posts out there. However, right now it's more like a novel so I'm taking the rare opportunity to actually edit before I hit "publish." You're welcome. On that note, if there's anything you're curious about or would like added in, definitely let me know in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see pictures of her beading! What shop did you order from? I am finally decorating our house & am starting with the girls room. I would shell out and by the Radians :-)
    I have the PPB packed with some matching outfits, (a few from the grands feel free to not use). Will send your way on Monday. Can't find the Ergo, it has been a long while since I have seem it so hoping it is still around. This probably should of been a text.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The back kick is wild! Strong Waldo!

    Yes, the prep for the third here was buying a bag of diapers at Target at the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the random updates and can't wait to see the new crib setup! I also didn't want to buy all new carseats so we bought a new car. In hindsight I don't think that was the more economical option!

    ReplyDelete