Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

It was a really awesome, fabulous day



"The Turkey Bowl 2011"
Where a bunch of 30-somethings play tackle football early in the morning and hope no one gets injured bad enough that they have to tell their wives. Thankfully, no one did.




The Turkey Bowl cheering section. Can you tell who's had coffee?




They FINALLY allowed a picture of them in their turkey hats for school. So freaking cute.


Third try at a Thanksgiving family picture (at my new table!) This one's my favorite. We can't all smile at the same time, but we can duck-face like nobody's business :)



I have been so filled with gratitude lately that I was really looking forward to today. A day with no consumerism and a day to spend just hanging out with my favorite people. In all the stress and B.S. of everyday life I love those moments that hit me with how lucky I am. We're all healthy, happy, and relatively sane. We have a freezer full of frozen meatballs and a pantry full of chicken broth and spaghetti sauce. I can go buy milk or get gas without having to balance my checkbook first. My kids go to an amazing daycare and I get paid well to do a job I would do for free. I have faith that grows stronger as my world becomes more uncertain. My friends are seeing miracles. Life is good and I am thankful. Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. What a perfectly perfect day. Great pictures. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those adorable purple pants I spy? And I think I have major scarf envy-I am loving your style.
    I second Abba as far as the rest goes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said. :) Being thankful feels so damn good, right?! Good reminder!

    ReplyDelete