Saturday, March 12, 2011

That's more like it!


In glaring contrast with the last few weekends, the kids and I just finished the most fabulous day! We woke up this morning, at the crack of dawn, and Eli requested french toast for breakfast. I haven't made french toast in forever. It was delicious, and everyone cleaned their plate. That never happens. Then Eli asked if we could go to the gym (which I'd secretly been trying to avoid. Note to gyms: awesome childcare= $$$$$). So I got started back on the C25K program, and it didn't suck. After the gym, we had a couple errands to run (Target for cleaning supplies in reaction to the housekeeper quote, more later, and the fabric store). Eli was thrilled to get new underwear, partly because as it turns out, he wasn't wearing any (WTF?) and Batman jammies, with a cape! We went to Panera for lunch, where my kids behaved beautifully and the weather was perfect for eating on the patio. We hit our favorite park and played for a long time, with Eli running around like crazy and Sydney crawling and pulling up like a madwoman. We finished up with dinner and a movie on the living room floor, baths, and the easiest bedtime yet.

1 comment:

  1. Awww . . . lovely, lovely, lovely. Housekeeping expert that I am - try the 15 minute rituals. 15 minutes folding laundry or cleaning up the kitchen, bathroom, family room, etc. What doesn't get finished in 15 minutes doesn't get finished. You could do a race with everybody participating. I'll clean your house when I get there! Love you.

    ReplyDelete