Friday, March 11, 2011

Love this kid!

This morning, as I was trying to get everyone ready and out the door, Eli spilled a bunch of cat food all over the floor (that I'm trying to keep just clean enough for the housekeepers tonight) and I asked him to sweep it up with his broom. Seriously, a five minute job at most. But the kid totally phoned it in, stretched it out for almost 20 minutes, and still didn't do it. Frustrated, I told him that I was disappointed because I knew that he wasn't trying his best and that I knew he was a big enough kid to help us out when we asked. Then I tried to explain to him why it's important to try our hardest and to try to do a good job. I asked him if there was anything that he wanted to be really good at, since he'd have to work hard to do that. Expecting "superhero" or "soccer player" or "cowboy." He thought about it for a few seconds and said "I want to be a really good friend." Asked if there was anything else ('cause I had a point to make here), he thought some more and said "A really good friend and a really good kid." *Swoon* Man, I love that kid so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment