Sunday, May 16, 2010

Still pregnant

Okay, so apparently my kid is just as indecisive as the rest of the family because I'm officially a week late. Still no signs of her coming on her own and so we've got a c-section scheduled for tomorrow evening. Despite my reservations about trying for a VBAC, I'm still a little disappointed about another c-section. Mostly I'm bummed out because of the extra recovery time, the drugs, and the impact on my poor belly. Seriously, if I wasn't bikini appropriate before I'm pretty sure I'll be a full-time girdle candidate after this next one.

The wait for labor to start was killing me, so it is nice to know the baby's (still no name. MOTY)ETA. Tomorrow the plan is to have a huge breakfast of biscuits and gravy to sustain me for the day (since I won't be allowed to eat or drink anything, including water, after 9 am), pack our bags, and head to the hospital about 3:00. The surgery is scheduled for 5:00. With Eli, our surgery kept getting bumped because of more emergent c-sections so I'm anticipating that we may not go in until much later in the evening. Eli's not allowed at the hospital so he and Abba, along with my sister and her daughter, will most likely wait at home. Luckily the hospital is close so I'm hoping that the in-laws will offer/agree to watch the kids for a bit so my mom and sister can come see the baby.


Being overdue is a first-class pain in the butt, but it has given me an extra week to spoil Eli and enjoy our company. My mother-in-law and sisters-in-law came in on Tuesday and my sister and niece got here Wednesday. They've all been great about covering their disappointment about not having a baby to fawn over. Eli absolutely LOVES his cousin, who he's nicknamed "Dilly." They're adorable together.

She's the first baby I've ever known who rolls her eyes at people.

Aren't they cute?

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures of your little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you know that the baby WILL come out, I'll go ahead and tell you about my birth. I was due on May 5th and since my mom had me at home all natural and stuff, she allowed me to wait until I came on my own - which was today, May 16th. I was ELEVEN days overdue. My mom continues to maintain that it was the worst eleven days of her life; likely that is true. So it could be worse than a C-section, it could be eleven days overdue. Can't wait to meet the little bug!

    ReplyDelete