Sunday, January 10, 2010

I can't believe it's already Sunday (or "Stalling going to work tomorrow")

We had the most lovely weekend! C had the weekend off (it happens about once a month, LOVE the new job) so we decided to try to fit in something fun. We decided to head to the coast and hit an aquarium that everyone said was amazing.

If you know C and me, and if you've ever been around while we've tried to execute a plan, you know that it's not pretty. Generally we have some huge fight, leave hours late, and spend at least the first half of the day silently fuming at each other. It's AWESOME. It's also the reason we don't take a lot of vacations. But this time was different. We woke up early. I made a real breakfast. I had packed a lunch, which C then loaded into the car. We were the freaking Cleavers.

All day I kept thinking that it couldn't last. But it did! It lasted through the three hour drive there, the sticker shock at the ticket counter, the masses of obnoxious children and ignorant parents (still pregnant, still crazy, still kind of mean). It even lasted through the parking ticket at the end of the day. All in all, it was a great family day.






Please ignore the multiple chins. It's an unflattering angle. I'm sure it has nothing to do with my reignited love of the Quarter Pounder.



Today E started the day with a huge giggle-fest in our bed, and then C got up and made us breakfast. I had big plans for taking down our Christmas decorations and cleaning the house. I did get the laundry and dishes done, but the tree still stands. I also checked out a new grocery store that was supposed to be super cheap. I don't know if it was much cheaper, but by the time I left I'd heard two dads tell their kids "I'll give you something to cry about!" and caught a guy casing my car. I think I'll pay extra and have someone else bag my groceries. We ended with a delicious family dinner of cheeseburgers and homemade fries, and then grown-up TV (read: serial killers and cussing, not bow-chicka-bow-wow) after bedtime. C and E working on E's homework while I was making dinner. I have more to say about a 3 year old with homework later. Right now he likes it and it's fun to see how quickly he catches on. The kid can do MAZES! He also begged to do a "cutting project" and rocked the scissors.


I love weekends like this, but they sure make Monday a little more painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment