Friday, October 30, 2020

Eeek

 I’ve been on edge all week and I couldn’t really figure out why. Spoiler alert; it’s pretty straightforward. I turn 40 tomorrow. I spent the week at a suicide conference (and by “at” I mean on zoom from my couch.) The pandemic isn’t over just because I’m over it. And there’s the election next week that I am physically sick with worry about. 

And on top of that is all the little shit. Work. Laundry. Meal planning (OMG. I have FAILED at this this month) How do we balance everyone’s mental health with being COVID safe? 

I don’t like being whiny, but it feels like it would be disingenuous to gloss over all this and go straight into birthdays and costumes and candy zip lines and a new exercise thing that I’m suddenly obsessed with. The world is still pretty scary and while we’ve made the best of it, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t get me sometimes

No comments:

Post a Comment