Monday, April 30, 2018

Take Your Kid to Work Day (FIRST TIME EVER!)

Now that I don't work inside a prison (much) my kids can actually participate in Take Your Daughters and Sons to Work Day! 
Cubicle selfie!

My key card was a big hit, as were the empty cubicles that they commandeered and the copy machine. 

The department put on a career fair for the kids, with everything from IT to Telemedicine. 


Learning how to take off soiled gloves. A very universal skill

Telemedicine. Syd is still a little traumatized after seeing the inside of her ear. Eli notsomuch.
 The Fire Department and the K-9 unit were there and let the kids practice. No pictures of the drug sniffing dogs, but it was really, really cool.

Because it was a special occasion, we went out to lunch. I learned that there is a place that sells homemade ice cream within walking distance of my office. I will likely regret knowing this, but OMG. 



Afterwards the kids said that it would have been cool to actually watch me work. I hated to tell them that all that time I spent looking at my computer WAS my work. Adulting is glamorous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment