Monday, November 14, 2016

Want to see something adorable?

Averson asked if she could get her hair cut so that it won't get caught in the swings anymore (I don't know that that's actually ever happened, but whatevs.) Her hair was super long and super thin, which made it super hard to keep untangled, so off we went!
They stylist said there wasn't enough to donate but now I'm questioning whether that was true. I'm going to comfort myself with the fact that there was candy in the hair and probably no one's looking for crap covered donations. 


It's ridiculously cute and she has that strut that lets you know that she thinks she's pretty hot shit. I love it so much. 

And in other news. I'm still working through my feelings about the election. I am sad and scared and disappointed. I think I'll probably feel more strongly after the 19th, because I'm still holding out hope that we'll get an electoral upset. I know there's not a chance, but that's how I roll. It's not over until it's really over. I, like everyone else I think, is getting inundated with really awful messages from both sides. I'm trying to avoid the "all the idiots" rants (from both sides) but I've grasped on to the calls for kindness. In church yesterday I glanced over to what Syd was coloring and she'd created this
I'm going to hang on to this. I think that our power as women lies in our power as women and I love this as a rally cry. We are strong and valuable and capable and important, and we have the ability to change the world through our passion and our fire. Love is my life.

1 comment:

  1. Beyond adorable. I can just picture little Miss Sassy Pants strutting her new look. Love is my Life is a great battle cry. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete