Wednesday, January 13, 2016

I was really hoping to win the Powerball

So much so that we bought a ticket and actually checked the numbers.

OMG. I'm so frustrated. After three days of driving an hour + each way to attend a PAINFUL training where the trainer was new and most of the class was new and my coworkers and I spent most of our time trying to subtly correct "the expert" I got a call today (in the middle of the "no distractions allowed!") training saying that I was being pulled back into my institution. So I wasted the last three days of my life, pissed off a bunch of people at the headquarters by taking up a seat in this high-demand training, and then bailing, and spent approximately 8 hours in the stupid car to do it. And now tomorrow I have to be back at work, despite a planned power outage. I asked my boss what I should do with no electricity and he said, "There should be some light, and maybe you'll have power on your laptop?" UGH.

I try to be both realistic and optimistic. I understand that every job has its pros and cons and that sometimes work isn't all that fun. I also have grown accustomed to eating and sleeping in a house and occasionally buying frivolous things. But also, this type of thing happens ALL THE TIME. And I'm honestly getting pretty frustrated with it. It's such a quandary because my commute right now is awesome and that's been such a life changer. Any other prison would be a huge change in travel time. On the other hand, I can't help but think that perhaps I would be happier somewhere else and that would compensate for the lost time.

Blech. To make up for it, tonight I'm breaking my no dairy/grain/processed sugar rule to have a bowl of delicious delicious gelato. Did I mention it's delicious? If I'm feeling super crazy I might even bust out my adult coloring book!

No comments:

Post a Comment