Friday, November 30, 2012

The diabeetus

So it turns out that I did not narrowly escape the awesomeness that is gestational diabetes. Upside: with Eli, I didn't gain another pound after I started the diet. I'm already at half what I gained with the other two, so This may be the pregnancy where I don't gain 60 pounds. Downside: lame, restrictive diet and a bazillion finger sticks.

I remember the basics from Eli, and I'll be meeting with the perinatologist and the dietitian next week, but if anyone's got some awesome GD recipes, PLEASE throw them my way!

a.k.a. "The Last Hurrah" I totally braved the elements to go out and get these, and I intend to eat most of them tonight. 

3 comments:

  1. OMG the title of this cracked me up. I love Wilfred Brimley. Also, that's a kickass last hurrah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering.
    Sugar-free ice-cream with sugar free fudge sauce? There has got to be a pregnant GD go to food, there just must!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this photo, therefore, it is doctor approved. :)

    ReplyDelete