Monday, November 5, 2012

Talking up a storm

Last night Syd climbed up on my lap and took the pen I was using to make out my grocery list. She flipped the page and announced that she was writing a letter to a friend's daughter, Hannah.

Me: Sydney, that's so nice! What are you going to say? Are you going to tell her that you miss her and can't wait to play with her?

Syd: Mmhmm

Me: She's going to be so excited. I bet she'll say to her mama, "I can't wait to see Sydney!"

Syd: Mama. Babies don't talk.

Me: Oh, Hannah talks now. I talked to her mom and she said that Hannah says a lot of things. I bet next time you see her she'll be talking up a storm!

Syd: (Without looking up) Well that sounds kind of scary.

This girl cracks me up!

2 comments:

  1. Haha that seriously made my morning! Love that she still thinks of Hannah, just love that our kids like each so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE when I use some turn of phrase that the kids don;t get. It makes me think how silly these turns of phrase ARE, and I love to watch them working through it. So cute!

    ReplyDelete