Sunday, December 11, 2011

Felt board Christmas tree

I found a pretty good size piece of green felt in the remnant bin (I'm obsessed with the freaking remnant bin. It's a sickness) a few weeks ago and just couldn't leave it. I figured I'd come up with something to do with it. *Cue Hoarders soundtrack* This morning, faced with another day of cleaning the house like a modern-day Sisyphus, I decided we'd use it to decorate. Five minutes later, literally, we had a Christmas tree! The kids were entertained by it for a good half-hour, which in our house makes it a total success.
In hindsight, I probably should've ironed the felt. Live and learn...
Syd especially likes rearranging the ornaments



I love this picture so. freaking. much.



Syd says, "Touch my tree and I'll cut you. I mean it." Girl is mean.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. That picture is hilarious! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like Sisyphus when cleaning the house. I mean, that story IS MADE FOR house-cleaning analogies!

    I think I'm going to make a felt Christmas tree today too! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha, the tree is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, you amaze me! I had to laugh at the not ironed felt cause I would of done the same thing. Actually will probably do the same thing when I make it next year for Hannah. I hope that picture has been printed and framed-seriously can your kids get cuter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used your idea to make a felt Nativity for my kids. The ceramic one and the one with tiny parts are not going out this year, so we needed something and felt was perfect! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete