Wednesday, June 1, 2011

That's a new one

Eli and I played hooky yesterday after his 5 year (!) check-up (BTW, he's practically perfect in every way. Of course.) In the car on the way to lunch he tells me, from the back seat, "Mama, I have a trick. I can talk without moving my lips or whispering!" Then I see a look of sheer concentration on his face. I ask him, "Buddy, are you trying to talk with your brain?" He lights up and says "YES!" Laughing, I tell him how awesome he is, because really, whose kid says shit like that? Then he goes on to explain, "I was talking with my brain. My testicles were talking to my brain!" And then I lose it. Uncontrollable laughing. Then he asks for clarification about what exactly his testicles are. I tell him where they are (using totally appropriate and accurate terminology, thankyouverymuch) and he says, "Well then, my testicles should talk to my BUTT instead of my BRAIN." So many jokes. So little comprehension.

1 comment: