Friday, June 24, 2011

Pooped

Edited to add that, Dude. This is one rambling post. Really. You should probably just skip over it. I'd delete it, but I'm guessing it will be really funny in a couple of weeks.
Y'all. It has been a LONG week. The kind where you wake up Wednesday morning and for a brief second you think it's Friday, but then you realize it's not and you come crashing down miserably. Except my Wednesday was on Tuesday. The unit has been especially crazy lately, lots of fighting and yelling and just overall requiring a lot more attention than usual. I'm stressed out waiting to hear about lots of different opportunities, stressed out about money (what's new, right?), and dealing with family stuff. I've got Eli's birthday party tomorrow and I'm so so excited but I needed to bake four dozen cupcakes and go to Costco for the bounce house approved snacks. And on top of that I had to take Syd to a VERY last minute doctor's appointment because she got sent home, again, for a serious of "questionable" (read, came home with no pants) diapers. Again. This thing has been going on for weeks. She thinks it might be some kind of carb sensitivity, so this weekend Syd's feasting on meat. And I get to try to retrieve stool samples. Wish me luck!

But it's good busy (mostly. I could live without the diaper stuff). I really am excited about Eli's party. Our plan is to do big parties for the milestone birthdays, and family parties for the rest. So this one is at a place with rooms full of inflatable bouncers. The kids run crazy for two hours and I have no clean-up. It's a win-win. Work is crazy, but it's also challenging me to 1) keep an eye on my mood/level of functioning, and 2) to work in such a way that suggests that I am worth the money that they pay me. Lately I've gotten sucked into complacency and I don't like that. I need to feel like I'm putting in 110%.

I am so ready to go on vacation and read a book and play with my kids with no laundry/house/dog/work/and on and on and on. It's going to be AWESOME. And I will sleep and sleep and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment