Friday, April 15, 2011

Shrunk

Dude. You guys are awesome. I truly wasn't fishing for complements, but y'all definately delivered. And if there was any question, I can be reassured that, though I may be lumpy with a frog voice, I still have my hair :) Here's the thing. The women who asked if I was pregnant? One asked me today for more medication because she'd snorted all of hers so that she could be pregnant on the day she gets out of prison. The other one hit on a co-worker that wears these to work. I really don't take much of what they say to heart. If anything, their honesty is endearing (or aggravating, but I digress.) But still, thank you. You made me smile.

So, on a totally unrelated note. Today we had a partial lockdown, so I had a few hours to kill. This led to a few conversations with my co-workers. One of the reasons I love working on Fridays is the team that's there. We can talk about almost anything. Today though was pretty heavy on the shrink talk, which kind of makes me want to cut off my head. Some of the things that I said today, with a completely straight face:

"This might be my own 'stuff' but..." This is shrink code for "I'm about to say something whiny but want to sound self-aware."
"I'm just feeling very frustrated and irritated." Dude. Emotions are good, but I don't ALWAYS have to name them.
"You've brought up________ several times. I wonder if there's something going on behind that?" Not to a patient but to a co-worker. Really. I usually try not to "shrink" when I'm off-duty, but apparently I'm not always so good with it. Seriously. Sometimes I want to smack myself in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment