Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bored.

I am bored. Not "flip the channels, clean the kitchen" bored, but more "cut your hair, join the circus" bored. Between graduate school and internship I haven't done the same thing for this long since I waited tables in undergrad. I drive a mini-van and wear quasi-sensible shoes. My hair is non-descript. I haven't been losing any weight, despite picking running back up (which I'm sure has nothing to do with it being Girl Scout cookie season), and I'm refusing to buy new clothes with only 10-ish pounds left to go. I do the same things with the same people at the same places wearing the same clothes. Same same same. I (re)pierced my nose last week in an effort to shake things up, but it was disappointingly anti-climactic, though I'm happy to have it back. I've been trying to get a tattoo, but the artist's definition of "soon" and mine appear to be very different. I'm playing with possibly cutting my hair, but it's been such a long time since it's been this long. I just can't seem to figure out how to scratch this itch. I'm open to suggestions. Lately I've been spending a lot of time, and money, at the fabric store. Because I'm *edgy* But I feel like I need something different to bump out of this rut.

4 comments:

  1. Babies are nice. Your hair grows fast. Tattoos are always a good option. Build a chicken house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring is the time to switch it up!
    My latest craze is that I cut my hair, like chopped it. AND I started doing Zumba, you should try it... I LOVE it! Or start a website where you sell your awesome home-made stuff, then you could get money for it, and buy more fabric, creating a different kind of Crazy. :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get pregnant, ha ha ha!!

    Hmm... realistically maybe:

    - change your hair color but not the length?
    - allow yourself one new outfit that is really fun at this "interim weight"?
    - plan a fun and exciting trip somewhere?
    - rearrange your furniture??

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm struggling with this, too. I'm not sure if the answer is "add more stuff," or, "go to therapy and figure out how to be content with what you have," or something in between...(let me know if you figure it out)!

    ReplyDelete