Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cousins (with parenthetical abuse)

Getting closer

My sister and niece's stay has been extended a bit and we have been having so much fun (thus the lack of posting). We took the kids to the zoo Saturday, then braved Forever 21 for some cheap bling (never again. Nightmare with strollers and a 4 year old on a Saturday. I am way too old for that, no matter how cheap the jewelry is.) Today we went to a Paint Your Own Pottery place because I'd bought the Groupon months ago, and I really wanted to get Syd's hand/foot print immortalized before she got much bigger. I thought it would be kind of cheesy, but I actually really liked it. Eli was a gem and Syd actually slept (!) in the stroller. The weather has been amazing (like "Oh! Is it still February? I thought it was May!") so we've been spending as much time as possible outside. So so lovely.



We've always lived away from family, so we haven't had much chance to let the kids just hang out with their cousins. It took a little while to warm up, but they are so much fun now. Syd mimics and follows my niece, who idolizes Eli. My house looks like a tornado hit, I've blown through the grocery budget twice-over, and no one is sleeping, but we are having a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment