Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My girl






My girl is six months old today. I'm still not sure how that happened. It feels like she just got here, but that she's been here all along. She's the most awesome little person. She is so full of smiles, and those smiles light up the room. She's such an easy smiler. And her smile always seems to say "Isn't this the coolest thing you've ever seen?!" Yep Baby, yep it is. Every day when I pick her up from daycare she grabs my cheeks and kisses me twice. Every day. It's one of the best moments.

She's loving this whole food thing. Last weekend, she ate a whole persimmon and went after it so viciously that I feared for my fingers. She still has no teeth, but that doesn't seem to stop her. She's never satisfied to be left alone, but it hasn't been much of a problem. She's no longer satisfied to lay on the floor, now that she can sit up. I fear she'll never crawl because she gets so mad if she's not upright. She talks up a storm and especially loves to growl and be growled at.



She still loves Bob Marley and being outside. She loves the bath, and even the shower. She hates the big stroller and the carseat. If she's not happy, she yells at you. Loudly and persistantly. She's got a deep-in-her-belly chuckle that's contagious and doesn't quite match her elfin face. She loves Eli and will stare at him for hours.

I imagine that Ms. Sydney will not be the type of girl to do what we say "because we said so." I imagine that she'll have her own opinions, and lots of them, and that she won't be afraid to stand up to us. I imagine that she'll be dramatic, forceful, passionate, and loving. I imagine that there will be days that I'll cry out of frustration and days when I'll laugh at her antics. I imagine that I will continue to burst with pride and that I'll keep falling more in love with her every day. Happy half-birthday Baby Girl.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post and what a beautiful baby girl you have. She is lucky to have such a thoughtful and amazing mama... now go to bed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me cry. Love you. Happy Half Brithday precious Sydney!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's THE dress!!! So many years ago . . . Love it.

    ReplyDelete