Sunday, October 25, 2009

We're Here!

After a VERY long road trip, we finally made it to Fresno on Thursday night. Highlights after Denver included Wyoming, which is lovely, Utah and Nevada, which are not, and driving through Yosemite National Park in the middle of the night. We hope to see it in the daylight someday, as we hear it's beautiful. I do not love driving mountain passes, or letting other people drive, and so I was a teensy bit nervous as my mother drove the van over the pass (again, I know, What self-respecting Colorado girl? and Dude, deal with your control issues... etc.) I kept reminding myself that she'd been doing this for years and was feeling a little better when she turns to me and says "If you look carefully, you can see the gremlins in the trees!" At that moment I thought, "Well at least they'll find our bodies somewhere pretty and I have clean underwear on." Turns out she was not delusional and we made it safely. The house is great (thanks Dave!) and the neighbors are already friendly but eccentric. There was a brief encounter with cockroaches but that's been resolved. So now we're just unpacking and trying to figure out how to get around. The town is nice but very urban. The weather is amazing, 70s and 80s since we got here. Pictures and more details will come soon. First impression though, I think we're going to like it here.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I am glad you are safely there- and I am glad you have a good first impression... I just have to say that Utah is not so bad- :) That must have been an extremely long trip, though! Looking forward to pictures and I am already jealous of the weather... Please give hugs and kisses to your little family! love Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss living in the land of sunshine. I often look at my family's weather and feel really jealous and homesick. Enjoy the endless sun. If you ever need central California ideas just let me know :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've known your mom for many moons and had every confidence that she would make the trip safe and sound. I'm sure deep down you knew it too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There WERE gremlins.

    ReplyDelete